Google Analytics

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

How my screen protector got destroyed

How My Screen Protector Got Destroyed 
(10 March 2011, Wednesday)

Today is the day where I had to rip away my matte screen protector from my Samsung Galaxy Tab.

I was standing on the bus on my way to work, at the rear door. I was not holding on to anything, and I was listening to music on my Galaxy Tab through ear-phones. The bus was rounding the bend and suddenly it did a very hard brake. 

The force was all right at first. I could handle it. But the braking force was applied for more than 4 seconds, my balance was thrown off and I knocked into the passenger in front of me. A malay or Indian chap. 

Turned out that the bus had to stop at the last moment, for a fast travelling vehicle going along the main road.

Shortly after I reached work, I realised there was a deep scratch on the surface of my screen protector. I must have held the Galaxy Tab close to the front of my body. That's where my access card was hanging. There was a metal clip where the card joins the lanyard. The screen must have scratched against it when the bus was doing the sudden brake.

YC, sitting beside me, told me to tear the protector off and throw it away. He is a hardcore Android fan, and he has seen the Samsung Galaxy S in all its graphics glory, showing off its sharp display and scratch resistant glass display. He told me it was gorilla-glass (I don't actually know what that means, but I take it to mean "very tough glass"). 

Finally I tore of the matte protector (cost me $19, costlier than average screen protectors because of the 7" display of the Galaxy Tab was larger than most mobile devices). To my pleasant surprise, the display became much more crisp, and vibrant in colour. Without the matte surface, my fingers feel much smoother and more comfortable when sliding across the display. YC has made a good suggestion after all! 


Now that the screen protector has come off, I somehow feel that the screen has become larger. I am still worried about the screen getting scratched, so I might still decide to go get a clear protector after all. Haha. 


That's how stubborn I am!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment