Google Analytics

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Bought a Kindle Touch

Bought an Amazon Kindle Touch together with YC today. He was buying it for a friend, using his account. I am tagging onto his order (and I'll pay him when it arrives in Singapore). 

At present Kindle touch can only be purchased on a pre-launch basis, and only in the United States. It will only be released on 19 November 2011. I was a bit hesitant on buying it, because we will be leaving the UK on 18 November. In the end we decided to go ahead with it anyway. 

YC paid Amazon.com, and I will be in charge of paying a forwarding company called comgateway.com to get the product shipped over to our office in dneg Singapore. After this we will both split the cost.

I have lots of ebooks that I read when I travel, before I sleep, and when I am doing work, for referencing stuff off books. I do have my 4.3" Galaxy S II smart Android phone, and the 6" Galaxy Tab smart phone/tablet that have kindle application and ebook reading applications. However they are LCD based, which are not too easy on the eyes. LCD displays drain battery faster, and they tend to turn off after a while. Kindle has very long lasting batteries, and its e-ink display guarantees the same reading experience as reading from printed paper.

I hope this can be a huge convenience booster for me. 

1 comment: