Google Analytics

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

UK / USA Keyboards!

I've been using UK keyboards for the majority of the year, when I was in London. While I was there, I bought a Dell laptop. Naturally the keyboard is a UK one. The last time I was in London for a year, 2007, I also got used to the UK keyboard.

Now I'm still using the UK lay-out keyboard at home on my laptop, so I am really comfortable with it. 

When I came back to work, at dneg Singapore, I was given a US keyboard. I found myself hitting the wrong keys time and again. 

Strangely in Singapore, we all adopt the USA keyboard. I suspect its the case because UK keyboard has a pound sign (£) assigned to shift-3 on the alphabetical keys. Since Singapore uses the dollar ($), having the "£" is just wasting that key it's assigned to.

I never thought I would do this, but I have just written to Tech to get my keyboard changed to one with a UK layout. heh heh ;)

4 comments: