Google Analytics

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Year of the Dragon!

Image acquired from the web. Original site here: http://webclipart.about.com/od/building/ss/2012-Year-Of-The-Dragon.htm

For all the Chinese people out there, have a very happy year of the dragon this year!

I am born in the year of the dragon myself, and this is the third cycle for me. So you can guess my age. Haha :)

If you are unfamiliar with the significance and cultural meaning of the Chinese New Year for the Chinese culture, you can go to the wikipedia page here to have a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_new_year

At work on Friday 20-01-2012 my head of 3D and HR came along to give out red packets (with chocolate coins inside) and 2 Chinese oranges. They went around wishing people prosperity, health and soaring career.

My colleague cheekily told me "They (the management) cannot control our health, but they can control the part about the soaring career and prosperity (amount of money we get). Since they can control it, why do they have to wish us all that? Just give us a title raise and a pay raise!" :)

Happy Lunar New Year!

5 comments: